New Kent County, VA Reckless Driving Lawyers
If you have received a reckless driving ticket in New Kent County, Virginia you should contact our experienced reckless driving lawyers to see if we can get the charges reduced or dismissed. We will investigate the circumstances of your reckless driving ticket and represent you in New Kent County traffic court to ensure your legal rights are protected.
Our reckless driving lawyers have represented numerous clients who have received reckless driving citations within Virginia, and we have the experience to ensure the best possible outcome. Being found guilty of reckless driving in New Kent County can have serious consequences, especially if your work requires a security clearance, or you have a commercial drivers license.
Reckless Driving / Speeding Ticket / Traffic Ticket in New Kent County, VA Out of State Drivers
If you’ve received a reckless driving speeding ticket in New Kent County, VA, please contact our law office right away so that we can help protect your legal rights. We have many years of experience representing out of state drivers that receive reckless driving tickets in Virginia and we will fight to get your speeding or traffic ticket reduced or even dismissed! Every traffic ticket case is different and we cannot guarantee an outcome, but we have successfully represented countless out of state drivers that have received speeding, reckless driving and other traffic tickets in Virginia.
New Kent County, VA Reckless Driving Lawyer Review
I hired Mr. Long after surveying 10 lawyers in the Richmond area. I was impressed by his pedigree, professionalism, responsiveness and apparent knowledge of the judicial system. He achieved a dismissal on my case, which was the best case outcome. I would definitely recommend him. ~ October 26, 2016
Reckless driving is a criminal charge in New Kent County, Virginia. A reckless driving ticket in New Kent can result from speeding, racing, weaving in and out of traffic, aggressive driving. Many people don’t realize that a criminal conviction for reckless driving in New Kent is much more than a simple traffic ticket. A conviction for reckless driving in New Kent County, Virginia can lead to loss of license, jail time, and a criminal record, thus causing clients to lose many employment opportunities.
Reckless Driving (Felony or Misdemeanor) in New Kent County, VA
The number of years that the conviction stays on your DMV record is in parentheses beside each violation. Demerit points will also be assigned to your record for traffic convictions incurred in other states.
- Reckless driving – speeding in excess of 80 mph (11 years)
- Reckless driving – speeding 20 mph or more above the posted speed limit (11 years)
- Reckless driving – racing (11 years)
- Reckless driving – passing or overtaking an emergency vehicle (11 years)
- Reckless driving – passing a school bus (11 years)
- Reckless driving – passing on the crest of a hill (11 years)
- Reckless driving – passing at a railroad crossing (11 years)
- Reckless driving – passing two vehicles abreast (11 years)
- Reckless driving – driving two vehicles abreast (11 years)
- Reckless driving – driving too fast for conditions (11 years)
- Reckless driving – failing to give a proper signal (11 years)
- Reckless driving – faulty brakes/improper control (11 years)
- Reckless driving – on parking lots, etc. (11 years)
- Reckless driving – with an obstructed view (11 years)
- Reckless driving – generally (11 years)
- Speeding 20 mph or more above the posted speed limit (5 years)
Experienced New Kent County, VA Traffic Lawyers
Our Virginia traffic ticket attorneys provide legal representation to clients who have been ticketed for traffic violations in Goochland County, Powhatan County, New Kent County, Caroline County, Hanover County, Richmond, Henrico County, Dinwiddie County and Chesterfield County, Virginia, including the city of Hopewell, Colonial Heights, and Petersburg.
New Kent Traffic Court
9th Judicial District of Virginia
Kent County Clerk
Ms Jeanne Bennett Allen
Phone: (804) 966-9530
Phone: (804) 966-9534
Fax: (804) 966-9535
Kent County Clerk’s Office Hours
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Kent County, Virginia District Court Address
P. O. Box 127
12001 Courthouse Circle
New Kent, VA 23124-0127