Virginia DUI DWI Lawyers
Our Virginia traffic law firm specializes in representing clients who have been charged with DUI or DWI in Virginia. If you have been arrested for DUI or DWI, visit our Virginia DUI attorney website for a free legal consultation.
Below is more information about Virginia DUI Laws:
§ 18.2-266. Driving motor vehicle, engine, etc., while intoxicated, etc.
It shall be unlawful for any person to drive or operate any motor vehicle, engine or train
- (i) while such person has a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08 percent or more by weight by volume or 0.08 grams or more per 210 liters of breath as indicated by a chemical test administered as provided in this article,
- (ii) while such person is under the influence of alcohol,
- (iii) while such person is under the influence of any narcotic drug or any other self-administered intoxicant or drug of whatsoever nature, or any combination of such drugs, to a degree which impairs his ability to drive or operate any motor vehicle, engine or train safely,
- (iv) while such person is under the combined influence of alcohol and any drug or drugs to a degree which impairs his ability to drive or operate any motor vehicle, engine or train safely, or
- (v) while such person has a blood concentration of any of the following substances at a level that is equal to or greater than:
- (a) 0.02 milligrams of cocaine per liter of blood,
- (b) 0.1 milligrams of methamphetamine per liter of blood,
- (c) 0.01 milligrams of phencyclidine per liter of blood, or
- (d) 0.1 milligrams of 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine per liter of blood. A charge alleging a violation of this section shall support a conviction under clauses (i), (ii), (iii), (iv), or (v).